Thursday, October 16, 2008

Welcome

I've been a fan of comic books since I was eight years old and got my hands on a copy of Avengers #174.

I was amazed that there was this group of superheroes and how they seemed to over come such a scary villain as the Collector. The Avengers managed to escape the Collector but it lead right into their confrontation with Korvac.

I didn't know it at the time but I had started reading the Avengers right in the middle of the Korvac Saga. This incredible story and fight forever hooked me in the fabulous world of comics and made me a fan of superhero teams.

From that day forward my favorite comic books have always been team oriented books. The Avengers, The Legion of Superheroes, The Justice League, The X-Men and The New Teen Titans, just to name a few.

I always felt that the team books were better on so many levels. There was a great dynamic of different superheroes with different superpowers relying on each other to defeat the bad guy. The grouping of some of my favorite heroes in one place meant I was getting to see everyone I like all in one book. When I was young that was a huge factor, I had a limited budget (a $3 a week allowance meant I had to get as much bang for the buck as I could manage).

I've always wanted to write a comic book and it is no surprise that I want to do a book about a team of superheroes. Over the next few days, weeks and months I will update this blog with where the project stands and give everyone a ongoing view into the world of the Alliance.

I'll also be posting stats for the characters in the Hero Games format. I've been a fan of Hero Games for over 25 years and it seems only natural to include stats for these characters as most of them were developed through years of roleplaying.

I'd also like to thank everyone that had a hand in helped inspire this project. It's a lot of people and if I forget you let me know so I can remedy the error.

Andrew “Swampface” Monkiewicz
Brian “Ringo” Strauss
Craig Jarvis
Edward Dykstra
Eric Braun
Jeremie Johnson
John J. Cassidy
John Morris
John Rodgers
Matthew O’Malley
Michael J. Cassidy
Michael Montgomery
Paul Fisher
Robert Oliver
Scott Rosema

No comments: